Incoherent Ramblings of Jay Pavlina - Episode 2

Discussion in 'General Exploding Rabbit' started by Exploding Rabbit, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

2. Anon1548 Guest

HA, yes. But before i watch this, i'll watch the first episode again. Laugh.

_

Update: The videos were a waste of my time. I laughed a lot. I hate them. I really like them.

Suggestion for Episode 3: Let your beard grow even bigger. If you let it grow big enough, you can maybe hide or keep a sparrow behind it.

3. CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

I got all excited because I thought this was the next episode of Jay Talks Back! >=(

Seems like you have a lot of interesting topics, though. I'll be sure to give it a listen.

4. jerry Level 6: Lakitu

A fucking hour... Fuck I'll have to watch it while I'm going to bed or something. I can't sit at my PC for 1 hour. I'll explode.

Also, Jay you have a very pleasing voice. You should read books and record them and shit. It would be awesome.

5. Please Level 8: Hammer Bro

James Rolfe (AVGN) did this once. I enjoyed it a lot because I enjoy his voice a lot. He kept it related to video games by reading a Mega Man book. I think Jay should read another book like that.

6. Dinospy_01 Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

I really enjoy your train of thought Jay. It was really enjoyable to just have this playing while I was going about my little chores in my room, changing my sheets and folding my clothes. It's like a really awesome podcast.

7. Camo Yoshi Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Hey Jay, what are the specs of your new computer?

Let's see if your computer is more powerful than mine! :p

8. Reset Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Jay how could you? Today was supposed to be a productive day for me, not a sit around looking at Jay all day day. Don't I watch you enough while you sleep?

9. yerffej Level 5: Spiny

So how's Windows 7 working for you? What happened when you tried to install OS X? I'm not sure if this was the problem or not, but OS X uses a different format on the hard drive than Windows. OS X uses "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" and Windows uses "NTFS" and/or "FAT32." I'm an IT technician, so I'm just curious.

10. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

You remembered Playing My Own Game 2 - like, three-quarters of a year ago. :D
    By the way, I love the idea of skinning characters.

11. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Am I correct in my understanding that the skinning is entirely customized? If this is the case, we don't have to fiddle with complex graphics like Ninja Gaiden and Contra in order to have something or every character by the release. I hope I'm understanding correctly, because that would be pretty awesome. I like it!

12. Reset Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Thoughts

1.) You did the EXACT same thing I did on the first computer I ever built. Everything right except pluging the power button to the right pin on the motherboard.

2.) I spent an entire day playing Mass Effect on my PC sunday as a break from coding.

3.) We're the same person, get out of my house.

Edit:

4.) Why didn't you show us your awesome blender? Don't just tease us on that shit man.

13. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

You're asking him to get out of your house? :p

14. Sniperassassinx Level 6: Lakitu

couple things:
    1. Damn that beard is big,but cool looking
    2. how is your playthrough on tale of elementia going? and thats all i got to say

15. mo123813 Level 1: Goomba

Look Jay, you're brilliant.
    Your view on life is one of someone who has lived 100 years! I was gonna spam comment on youtube but...wtf I'll just post.

these talks are so worth the time...humor...seriousness....everything.
    As a side note, how do you feel about the starwars prequels? Anybody?

Bottom line, you rock.

Oh, and have you read 'The power of now'? Its not like a "Good life for dummmies". just check it out.
    And lets make a Downward thrust bible as a forum!

(Double post consolidated by Ganymede)

16. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

I want to grow a wizard beard. I'm going to let it grow really long and see what it looks like. The only thing that would stop me is if I was playing a character in a movie without a beard, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I already have a book to read and I've already practiced reading with some different voices. I forgot about it though. Maybe I should record it today. I still haven't picked out a voice for girl parts though. I always have a hard time doing girl voices because my voice is so low.

Core i7 950 3.06 GHz overclocked to 3.8 Ghz
    12 GB ram
    Radeon HD5770 1 GB Video Card
    1 TB HD with Mac OS X
    1 TB HD with Windows 7

I got OS X installed now and it works flawlessly. It's... awesome.

Sorry I don't understand what you're asking. All of your questions will be answered when I release the update. Not sure when it will be.
    I can guarantee it will show up in a future video. I'm obsessed with it and I use it every day, so it's impossible for me to not talk about it. It's a Vitamix, and it's my second most valued possession. My computer is number 1. Actually, my camera and my vitamix are probably tied for the number 2 spot.

To be completely honest, I think I'm way past 100 years old. I think most beings on this planet are thousands of years old. And I think I'm just more in tune with myself so I can access wisdom more easily than most people can.

And I think the Star Wars prequels mostly sucked, but episode 3 was pretty cool.
    If you check my Facebook profile, you'll see it marked as one of my favorite books. And I have something similar to a downward thrust bible planned. I thought about it while I was taking a shower. I get a lot of ideas in the shower. I wonder if SMBC was one of my shower ideas.

Edit: And here's a fun fact. This video was uploaded at 1080/60p, which means it's HD video at 60 frames per second. Youtube doesn't even allow 60 fps yet, but I assume they'll allow it eventually. The quality of this video is above current technology standards. It also means that if I do gaming videos, everything can be at 60 fps because games also run at 60 fps. I'm excited. But Machinima doesn't allow such high quality, so videos on there sadly wouldn't be 1080/60p (they only allow 720/30p). I wish Youtube would allow me to put ads in the gaming videos on my own channel. I wish a magical solution would present itself, because I hate outputting things at lower quality than is possible. In fact, I don't just hate it, I despise it. I feel like I have committed a mortal sin if I release something at a lesser quality than I am capable of.

17. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Awesome vid! I love these

18. yerffej Level 5: Spiny

You should get together with Morgan Freeman, James Earl Jones, and Ted Williams to read a book. That would be so epic, my face would probably melt.

19. Captain Knight Level 9: Spike Top

Jay, did you purposely (like on script, planned) say "Downward Thrust Motherfucker!" on the first level you played on camera, or did you just mindlessly say it?

What came through your mind when you said it?

20. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

No it wasn't scripted at all. I just remember feeling kind of stressed out, so I decided to do something silly to help myself relax. That's why I act all crazy in that video. I sort of have a stress limit, and once I go past the limit I break and start acting retarded. For real. Humor is my savior.
    I've been practicing reading the book since the last post I made. If I want to do a really good job I'd have to practice for a long time, so I'll probably just wing it. And I assume I'll get better with each book I read. The hardest part is switching between voices and coming up with a different voice for each character.