Incoherent Ramblings of Jay Pavlina

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit (General)' started by Jay, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Jay Level 13: ER Team

Media:

Everyone likes this.
  2. Anon1548 Guest

Wait... these are videos? :p

EDIT: You're getting married? I'm so sorry...

3. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

These were one of the best videos so far!

Also... damn now I totally can't guess who will be the new character. Ima gonna go kupo nuts! I really can't wait to see the trailer!

4. Jay Level 13: ER Team

Media:
    I know a lot of people want a hint about who the new character is. Notice in the video I mention that I had to write new code for the platforms specifically for the new character. Perhaps this character can interact with platforms in a way that other characters can't.

5. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

That is actually why hard to tell... I mean there is Kirby, he could suck in blocks what could work for bricks example or maybe he is... oh my... a rad lad who is strong like Bud Spencer!

6. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

I don't have much to say on the videos. They are just so awesome, and I have nothing to add.

7. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

Jay, you continually grow more awesome in the eyes of kyoo.

that's a good argument for the direction we all need to go is down, and not up :D

8. SighingSlider Level 0: Newbie

...Mr.Pavlina, are you positively sure you're not Vlogging Under Influence?

[​IMG]

9. CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 11: Moderator

Maybe it's the Sonic character we've been begging for--he's the only one who breaks walls by rolling into them.

10. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Actually if you could destroy bricks with your spinning then you could not stand on any brick platform at all, you would break through them which would give quite some problems in the game.

11. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

I'm just happy he fixed a major problem while trying to fix a big one. that's awesome. :D

12. Ghost1942 Level 2: Koopa

I would like to know how Sir Pavlina (Sir because he should be knighted) feels knowing about these awesome details but being able to keep it all away from us... so much power for one man, I dont know if I would be able to hold it all in.

13. Jay Level 13: ER Team

Media:
    I certainly get a kick out of it, and I enjoy teasing everyone.

14. BURGERMAN Level 6: Lakitu

:*( I NEED TO KNOW!

15. Dinospy_01 Level 12: Super Mod

I loved how long it took you to say goodbye, it was practically the entire third video.

And I'm really excited for the new update! We love you Jay, keep doing your best.

And take a break from sitting in a chair and typing shit.

16. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

didn't he start saying good bye towards the end of the second video after Iggy got home?

oh well it's awesome. all of it is, everything he said is true.

17. Duckerdoo Level 5: Spiny

Your speech on the dangers of grass got me thinking of a scene from the movie Aeon Flux where the grass was used for defense.

18. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

all I think of when I hear or read Aeon Flux. is cabbage

19. Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Jay, thanks for uploading the new set of ramblings videos and all of the countless hours you've dedicated to this amazing project. It is truly the quintessential example of an excellent game made by a fan for the fans.

Based on teasing comments in the videos, I think I've guessed the new character..Rad Spencer from Bionic Commando! Jay mentioned that this new character would use platforms differently than other characters, which he does (he can swing from them with the grappling gun of his bionic arm, and climb on top of them). Jay also mentioned that he included a new feature for the character which people are unlikely to complain about, and I think that would be letting Rad have the ability to jump (which would be necessary to work in SMB level design)

While I would also thoroughly enjoy seeing other characters eventually make the cut, such as Kirby, SOPHIA, and Batman, I do think Ladd would be a spectacular choice at the moment.

20. Stache Level 3: Paratroopa

You sir, have just won the game.