Request Just one word... Tanooky

Discussion in 'Characters' started by LukeTheKid7, Dec 26, 2011.

1. LukeTheKid7 Level 0: Newbie

okay as you all may know in SMB3 There is a tanooki suit, and also in the new game Super mario 3d land... But why not in this? this is a great game and I think there sould be a SMB3 form of both Mario and Luigi That instead replaces the fire flower with a Tanooki leaf, or a cheat that would do that. if you agree (or disagree) Post!

2. BluePaladin25 Level 1: Goomba

Tanooki*

Captain Knight likes this.
  3. Captain Knight Level 9: Spike Top

I think it should be a cheat, since if it would be there like normal, it wouldn't really be SUPER MARIO BROS. Crossover, it'd be Super Mario Bros. 3 Crossover, kinda.

And I'm not sure if this should be in "Characters" Sub-Forum, or "Features" sub-forum.

LukeTheKid7 likes this.
  4. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Not enough! We need to put Tanooki tails on EVERYTHING!

5. CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 11: Moderator

I think it'd be great to add the Raccoon Leaf/Tanooki Suit to SMBC. Then all we'd have to do is get close replicas of SMB3 stages when Level Editor finally rolls around--bing bom boom, everyone's happy.

The difficult thing, though, would be deciding the powers each character gets from it. Not only is there the Raccoon's tail-floaty-thingy and the Tail Whip, but you also have to consider what each character would have in place of Mario's turn-into-a-statue power.

6. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

I can see this happening as a unique power-up for Mario's SMB3 skin, if he ever gets one, and if Jay ever manages to have skinning affect things like that.

7. Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

One thing:

It's Tanooki, not Tanooky.

8. DarkBowser007 Level 7: Bloober

9. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I was personally hoping Luigi would have the tail as his power-up, but I guess not :(

The tail is perhaps the most iconic and memorable of the power-ups in my opinion (mushroom, flower, and star aside), and I would be a sad panda if it weren't included at some point.

10. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah, but all of the levels in SMB are only one screen tall. You'd have nowhere to fly.

11. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

The flight aspect of it isn't really necessary. In fact, I'd much rather it not allow the ability to fly. From a "game design" perspective, allowing a player the ability to just bypass most of the level is a bad idea. While I do want it in the game, I personally feel as though it should only have the ability to slow the player's descent and the ability to whip enemies with the tail.

TheomanZero likes this.
  12. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Sort of like in Super Mario 3D Land? Hmm . . . I could see that working, actually. It'd be interesting to give a Mario brother the ability to smash through blocks like the other characters.

13. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Exactly like Mario 3D Land (though I've had this same opinion since before that game even came out). I think it should be the regular one though, and not the one that lets you turn into a statue. We wouldn't want to make the game too easy with it. Essentially the raccoon tail alone from Mario 3 except without the flight.

14. pote Level 1: Goomba

pleeese tanooki

15. Xman321 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Yes, more power ups for mario and luigi, everyone else has mutable.

some other items could be Ice flower,Hamer suit, and if the tanoki is in, THE P-WING

16. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Samus already has the ice beam which has the same effect as the ice flower, Simon's axes act just like the hammer suit, and the P-Wing would be entirely too overpowered. Tanooki is all that we need. :p

17. Xman321 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

:oops: well every other charater has WAY more.

AHA, MEGAMUSHROOM, remember, that has a time limit

18. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

People are forgetting what makes SMBC...SMBC. We don't need the Tanooki Suit... Mario and Luigi are fine the way they are.

TheomanZero likes this.
  19. x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

Maybe but implementing smb3 mario would be a cool idea maybe because of all the powerups.. You could cycle through the suits like megaman and bass

20. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Interesting idea, but that's not how SMB3 Mario and Luigi work. The system is in place, though, for random power-ups from the boxes. It would be easy enough to make it so that if you're playing as SMB3 Mario or Luigi, the boxes would randomly give a Fire Flower, a Leaf, a Tanooki Suit, a Frog Suit, or a Hammer Bros. Suit (am I forgetting any?).