Request Just one word... Tanooky

Discussion in 'Characters' started by LukeTheKid7, Dec 26, 2011.

1. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Mega Man has weapons from almost all of his games, I don't see why it would be so far fetched to give Mario one of his most iconic power-ups randomly from a block. He could only have one at a time similar to Ryu, Bill and Simon.

Besides, everyone else has a ton of weapons now (some spanning multiple games), whereas Mario only has one.

2. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

So what if he has one? He is fine the way he is.

3. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

By that logic, so what if he has two? If you don't want it, you don't have to use it.

But joking aside, what negative affects would adding it have on the game? I only see it as a positive. What purpose is there to play as Mario in Crossover, when the whole idea of the game is to have gameplay from outside of the original Super Mario Bros put into it. You might as well just play the original if you want to play as him. Adding the tanooki suit to the game would add a new style of gameplay for Mario that you couldn't get in the original Super Mario Bros. Isn't that the whole idea behind crossover?

Or at least add a separate Mario that could get that power-up. If you look at it in terms of characters, Mario 3's gameplay is so much different from Mario 1. If you were to add a Mario 3 Mario, it would really be like adding a whole new character, which again is the whole idea behind Crossover.

4. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

SMB1 Mario on MKF has the leaf... *shrug*

I don't mind it if it's SMB3 Mario. Giving him the Tanooki and Hammer suit would be awesome.

5. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I'd say that's a happy medium then. :p A separate Mario with the ability to hold shells and have the tanooki suit would be pretty sweet. Power-ups beyond that are just icing on the cake. I could do without them, but I'm not one to complain if they're there.

I was honestly hoping that Luigi would have been the Mario 3 character, but alas, everyone likes Lost Levels Luigi more.

6. extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

I know they are from SMB3 but come on they are awesome.I know that they are almost the same but remember Tanooki Suit can turn you into an invincible statue for five seconds.

7. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

8. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I was thinking about this all day. SMB3 Mario can be his own character and the power ups can be random. Of course SMB3 Luigi would be a skin as well.

I think this is the best way to do it Since SMB Mario and SMB2J Luigi never used them. But look on the bright side. Those two can have Super Mario World skins to make up for this! ;)