Request King Dedede for SMBC?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by smashbro596, Feb 24, 2012.

1. smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

hey. as a kirby fan i saw a kirby request..
    thats all fine and dandy but...
    dedede would be a better fit in my oppinion.
    power-ups:
    Mushroom(or maximum tomato?)- adds hitpoint.
    hammer- powers up hammer, can smash buzzy beetles.
    weapon system:(use special buttons, change with select, found in ? blocks)
    waddle dee: throws waddle dee, waddle dee walks foreward
    waddle doo- throws waddle doo, which walks foreward, fires beam occaisionally. does more damage than waddle dee.
    gordo: throws gordo. bounces around like a starman. does more damage than waddle doo
    superstar (that guy from kirbys adventure who gives hi-jump) super jump, crashes down, breaks blocks and smashes enemies.
    inhale- innate ablility to inhale and spit out.
    noddy: sleep. (useless, but he has that "attack" in kirby's adventure)

hey im fairly new. i just thought of a few ideas.

2. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

He wouldn't be a "better fit" than Kirby. He only had 3 playable appearances, two of which weren't even until the Wii. The earliest playable appearance he was in was Kirby 64, where the only thing he could even do was use a hammer in a few sections of the game (an ability that Kirby has actually had in Kirby's Adventure). I personally think he would be better suited as a boss in an enemy skin, or a skin of Kirby if anything.

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

hes easier to program. besides, im sure the way his sprites are jay could try him to experiment with kirby's inhale.
    besides, i've seen him perfectly playable in mugen (A CERTAIN VERSION) so i thought mayyybe jay could try makin him playable.

4. 1337star Level 2: Koopa

3? I can think of at least five (Kirby 64, Air Ride, Canvas Curse, Return to Dream Land, and Brawl). Not that I disagree with the rest of your post or anything.

5. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

But Air Ride and Canvas Curse hardly count in terms of this thread. Air Ride wasn't a side scroller, and Canvas Curse doesn't have traditional controls that could translate over into Crossover. Not to mention they were both spin off games of the actual Kirby series, I wouldn't really count them as actual Kirby games to be honest.

I realize that your point was that he has been playable in more than just the three games, but I was mostly just listing the games that actually mattered and had relevance to this topic.

Easier to program? The way that you described it makes him sound far more complex than kirby would be. And why would he make Dedede to test Kirby's inhale when he could just test Kirby's inhale with Kirby? The logic behind that argument doesn't make any sense.

And Mugen is a (poorly made) fighting fan game that is in no way official. Jay has based all of the characters in this game on their official games, not fan made games. The furthest he's strayed from that probably be how power-ups work for some characters, and that was an idea that he came up with, not something from a fan made game. Besides, Ronald McDonald is someone who can be in Mugen, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be playable in Crossover.

It makes far more sense to make the main character of the series playable than one of the bosses/side characters. The most logical way to include Dedede would either be as a boss in an enemy skin or as a skin over Kirby. Anything else just doesn't make sense.

Don't get me wrong, I <3 Dedede. But I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement that he's more deserving of being a playable character than Kirby. Besides, if he were to be in the game, his moves should be from this:

6. smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

when you put it like that, yeah your right.
    i meant easier to make because kirby = copy abilities while dedede cant copy. sorry man. X( maybe after kirby then.

7. NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Skin for Kirby, has a Mallet that deals 1500 to 2000 Damage and can use abiliy weapons