Let’s Play Zelda: Parallel Worlds – Part 6

Discussion in 'General Exploding Rabbit' started by Exploding Rabbit, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

2. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I am actually rather relieved to hear you're probably going to stop playing this hack. Considering how long and frustrating it was just to find your way through the first area, this doesn't seem like a hack that's really work putting your time into. There is a very important difference between difficult and unfair, and this game appears to fall into the latter category.

roman6a likes this.
  3. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

Yeah I don't like the game. And on top of that, I didn't want to be playing it because I was trying to finish SMBC, so that made it even worse. There's one more part after this and that's all I recorded.

camoslash, sbq92 and roman6a like this.
  4. Captain Knight Level 9: Spike Top

Well that sucks. That's why you should play a game that's short and fun, like Castlevania and Punch Out. What are your interests in gaming, Jay?

5. Franpa Level 3: Paratroopa

As if give up, the start of the hack is the worst bit. Once your past the Guard House it should be fairly straight forward. There should be a hint about the dungeons (Dungeon names) located in your house at the start of the game.

6. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

I like a lot of different games, but it's hard to do videos when I'm so focused on making games. It seems like the only time it's good for me to do videos is when I'm taking a break from game development. I have a really hard time doing both at the same time.

7. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It must be tough when playing the games is probably supposed to be a break for you, yet the game you're playing keeps tearing you a new one.

If you're looking for suggestions, how are you at Mega Man games? Rockman 7 FC or Rockman 8 FC could be fun games to LP (albeit not necessarily easy, but certainly not unfair). :)

8. camoslash Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I do not blame you wanting to drop this hack. The first time I played it, I could of made mulch out of my computer with my bare hands. But it was fun watching the videos nonetheless =)

9. Franpa Level 3: Paratroopa

After watching the video I can see why your very frustrated with it lmao. I can help you find Sahasralah if you want, once you've found him the game should open up a fair bit.

I too had a fuck ton of problems finding the dude when I first played the hack. Also that slowdown you're getting when walking diagonally? It's lag. The game has more sprites and stuff on the screen at any one time in comparison to the original game causing the emulated SNES system to lag. You'll notice that shooting your boomerang or an arrow will often make it worse while killing enemies and picking up any items they drop improves it.

10. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't write usual thoughts. Now it's just noting what was marking me in the video. Mostly.

"That means the game will never end!"
    "I'm moving slow-motion!"
    "It's so fucking happy-Die!"
    "Look at him, he's facing backward, see?"
    Not the fortune teller! He's gonna steal all your rupees for nothing!
    "Yeah man. That was awesome. Really great discovery."
    "Get aways from me, Santa Claus Link!"
    "Oh no! He took away from me the arrow that I can't use!"
    "The route isn't found anywhere in this game." -Wuut...?
    "Fairyy-What the fuck-It's another place where you can't do anything!"
    "Man that was some skills right there! 'should get an award for this."

-Jay
    -That game
    -Me

roman6a likes this.
  11. Franpa Level 3: Paratroopa

Also you should probably have read the documentation included with the hack as well as the FAQ on the official website here http://sites.google.com/site/zeldaparallelworlds/

Edit: I see what happened. In v1.0 the note in your house explains a lot of information including offering a recommended dungeon order (Which turned out as incorrect), in v1.1 of the hack all of the information was removed and replaced with a small welcome message.

Also ZSNES v1.36 should produce the least amount of game lag. Newer versions especially v1.5 and v1.51 of the emulator are notorious for introducing strange bursts of lag in many games.

Oh I was just playing through the start of the game and I remembered what you use that first Big Chest Key for and you'll hate this ^_^", it's used to open the big chest in the secret path you take Zelda through to reach the Church. You can't reach that chest if you enter the church as both entrances to the place iirc get sealed off. It's not an important item but it would have made the early parts of the game lots LOTS easier.

As for where you're up to now, now you should be heading to the Oasis (North then East of the village). There is a rather large cave there you should enter, after that it should become pretty straight forward.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/franpa/Oasis.png