Let's Play Zelda: Parallel Worlds - Part 5

Discussion in 'General Exploding Rabbit' started by Exploding Rabbit, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

2. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

jaypavlina.PNG
    Part 5, mother fucker!​

This game is frustrating me and I'm not even playing it.

Thunder Wing and Rey D like this.
  3. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Button? Where?
    You can get that ruppee, by slashing it, right?
    Oh yeah looks like a button.
    Haha fake buttons.
    Where did you go when you died?
    "There some to be a puzzle aroud every corner. Be careful, Jay!" Well that's useful.
    R-shoulder because it's on the shoulder? But blue...?
    "I thought it was empty. You just blew my mind. T__T" XD
    I thought it was Zelda as well, because HER bloodline would be the one which pops out, right?
    O__o Well, why didn't she heal you earlier indeed.

4. money grip Level 1: Goomba

man this hack is brutal. designer really should have rethought the whole "backtrack forever" idea. videos are good though (not yet as enjoyable as the elementia ones, but still great).

5. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Yeah, it actually stresses me out a bit to watch these videos at this point. I'm glad for the content, just let it be said that I'll never want to try this game... haha.

6. yerffej Level 5: Spiny

This might help some:
    [​IMG]

7. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Light blue... dark blue...

WHICH BLUE

D:

Rey D likes this.
  8. Franpa Level 3: Paratroopa

It's a reference to PAL/Europe SNES controllers where the X, Y, A and B buttons are colourized and not shades of purple.

You want to push and hold the "Right Shoulder Button" and then hold down the Blue button together on your controller. Experiment with it, you'll see what it does and how it can be of use pretty easily, I would think.

[​IMG]

Rey D likes this.
  9. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

→ YOU JUST BROUGHT BACK AN IMAGE BURRIED IN MY MIND! THIS IS THE CONTROLLER I'VE SEEN AND TOUCHED! I was wondering where that blurry image was from if SNES controllers had purple buttons. Thank you. you just ... saved me. Somehow. I guess.

EDIT: I'm talking about a memory from my babyhood. I think I could barely stand on my legs, and I grabbed a controller with colorful buttons. That's all I can remember. For all my life, I've been wondering what this controller was. You got me the answer. Thank you. YOU ARE AWESOME. (I maybe exagerating about you, but it really helps me, somehow)

10. Koari Level 6: Lakitu

WELL HOW ARE AMERICANS SUPPOSED TO KNOW TO USE THE PAL CONTROLLER?

11. Franpa Level 3: Paratroopa

Dunno, not my fault NOA didn't give a damn about colour coding stuff.

12. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

What did they do? Oo Only american controllers had purple-only buttons. the Super Famicom had the same colors as the ones seen above.
    [​IMG]

13. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

yeah American children aren't allowed to have too much color in their lives, it could stimulate their creativity.

14. Omicron Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

A controller with different colors for the buttons is not symmetrical.
    "If it's not symmetrical, it's not worth it." -Steve Wood

15. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

→ Doesn't sound good. :(

→ A SNES controller can't be symmetrical anyway, as there is on one side action buttons and on the other one, the directionnal ones.

16. Omicron Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

But if we assume two symmetry axes, then it's possible. And colorful buttons cannot be symmetrical in any way.

17. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not going to debate on your (or people's) personnal notion of "symmetry".

I wonder if Jay figured out what the "secret" from the old guy means...

18. Franpa Level 3: Paratroopa

If he hasn't, I'm pretty sure there's another character later in the game that better explains the function.

Need more progress!