Request Lucario request

Discussion in 'Characters' started by French rocks, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. French rocks Level 6: Lakitu

He's a character I really want to be in Crossover. I think he should be or a character, or a skin for Megaman or Ryu. So, here are my ideas:
    As a character:
    Normal: Can use Metal Claw (his original weapon). Metal Claw will kill a regular enemy in 2 hits;

Mushroom form: Changes into shiny, has access to a few special weapons (they are named and explaines further in the post) and Metal Claw has a little bit larger «hit frame» and the damage doesn't change;

Fire Flower Form: Changes into red and his Metal Claw gets for a second time a larger «hit frame» and will kill a regular enemy in 1 hit.

Special Weapons: Their unity will be the PP (or power points). Lucario will have 60 of these and all of the weapons will cost a certain number of those for the utility.

Psychic: It will can hit all of the enemies on the screen and kill them in 1 hit (except Bowser), cost 7 PP;

Aura Sphere: 1st charge: free, kills a regular enemy in 2 hits;
    2nd charge: costs 3 PP, kills a regular enemy in 1 hit;
    3rd charge: costs 6 PP, is the same as the 2nd charge, but has a bigger size.

Dragon Pulse: Costs 3 PP, it first fires a beam which looks like this: [​IMG]
    which stays in place for a second and than flies right or left (depends what direction are you facing). Kills an enemy in 1 hit.

Mach Punch: Costs 3 PP, it fires a fast missile-like punch which will kill an enemy in 2 hits.

Shadow Ball: Costs 4 PP, fires a «ball» which can be fired in 8 directions (up, down, left, right, north-west, north-east, south-west and south east) which looks like this: [​IMG]and can kill an enemy in 1 hit.

As a Ryu skin:

His regular attack would be Metal Claw, the last Aura Sphere charge would be the Windmill Shuriken, the Downward Thunder would be Mach Punch, the fireball attack (Idk the name) would be Shadow Ball and the Screw Attack-like attack would just be Metal Claw circling Lucario.

As a Megaman skin: His regular attack would be Aura Sphere, which will act like the Mega-Buster (and will still be able to charge it when he will get a mushroom), the Super Arm won't really be replaced, or maybe except for it's sprite, the Metal Blade sprites would be changed for Bone Rush, an attack that tosses a Bone (but would still act as the original Metal Blade) the Hard Knuckle would be changed as Mach Punch, the Pharaoh Shot would be Shadow Ball, but will lose it's capacity to shoot downwards and upwards, the Charge Kick would be my Metal Claw sprite, but would still be like the original Charge Kick, the Flame Blast would be replaced for Dragon Pulse (the beam-like sprite (like in the image showed upper in the As A Character section would only rise when the «seed» (like the regular Flame Blast attack) would touch the ground), the Water Shield would be Stone Edge and replaces the water bubbles for rocks, but wouldn't change and finally the Rush Coil would only be a simple spring.

My sprites : First, they are not all done, because I want to see which of my suggestions would fit better for SMBC (as a character or a skin). Anyways, they are here: http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

I know I already made a similar request on Exploding Rabbit's character request thread and I would had posted the part of the ideas I didn't posted there, but I can't do that because it seems I don't have a high enough level on this forum to post it. If you want to talk about it or give additional ideas, post them here.

This concludes my wall of post.
  2. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Eeeeeeerr... No.

First, Lucario is not an iconic character. It's a legendary (barely) Pokemon.
    Second, not NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance. Though that's not the problem. The problem is that he has no fitting sprite whatsoever. For the environnement, how SMBC looks.
    That brings me to the third point: No animation for his attacks. Nothing.
    Fourth, the ability to change appearance will probably no longer be in 2.0 .
    5th, if you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to play as Lucario, make it a weird skin. Though I'm pretty sure it will never make it to SMBC. It's just for hope.
    Lilfut, fractor and TheomanZero like this.
  3. French rocks Level 6: Lakitu

That's your opinion and I really don't care about the negativeness of your comment.
    ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  4. Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

He doesn't get that while he's trying to explain something to someone new, he's being a complete douche about it; I wouldn't take it personally if I were you, I don't think he's trying to. ;)

I think it's a cool idea regardless; there are surely other more suitable characters that would come before him if Lucario ever got into the game, but I'm not shooting down the idea.
    French rocks likes this.
  5. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I'd suggest either Ryu or Mega Man as a skin base. Both have a variety of weapons that could be skinned to function like some of Lucario's attacks. Ryu would probably work best, though, given his melee attacks.
    French rocks, Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  6. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Yeah, I really have to agree with Rey D. Lucario kicks seven kinds of ass, but he has no retro nor iconic meaning. His biggest appearance is as a Smash Bros character, and...well, let's be honest;
    They
    [​IMG]
    will
    [​IMG]
    include
    [​IMG]
    ANYONE.

So I really don't see how Lucario gives anyone the nostalgic rush of the others, and to boot it would require spriting every element entirely from scratch.

That said, if Lucario DID get in, that would be fucking RAD.
    MissingNo2 likes this.
  7. World 1-1 Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

So you wouldn't like my opinions too, because they are most like the same as Rey's.
    Now, something you have to care about is if he will ever make it to the game. If he ever became a character in SMBC, I would get extremely shocked.
  8. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

A little ignorant of you to put it that way.
    fractor likes this.
  9. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I do think it would be a lot of fun to play as a character like Lucario; in fact it would be a lot of fun to play as just about any character you can name.

The main problem is that new characters take a lot of time to program for Jay, and if they have no proper sprites they take a lot of time for Zach to create. Given this plus the fact that Jay and Zach are backing off from SMBC as a priority to focus on another game, it seems unlikely that SMBC will ever see any new characters beyond the two more characters that are currently partially finished. From the player's point of view, there may be all kinds of things that could be added, but from the developers' points of view, the game is probably almost finished. They're not giving up on it, but it's ceasing to be a priority. There are certainly at least a few more things Jay and Zach intend to include (e.g., two more characters, Bass's Treble Boost), but Jay said recently that there is already a lot more in the game than he originally intended, and that he actually considers it to be "too much," so it seems likely that after these last few things are finally added, the game will be complete.

I don't like being the downer, but considering Jay is probably not taking requests anymore, and Lucario has certainly already been requested before anyway, I just don't see his inclusion as a new character happening.

However, on a much more positive note, keep in mind that skins were designed to allow the inclusion of several more characters without requiring extra programming on Jay's part. A Lucario skin for Ryu could be freaking awesome, and I really think someone should do it. :)

Side note (open)
    Both of the new characters being added in the future are from non-platforming games, so it is actually conceivable that one of them could be a pokémon. I suspect the inclusion of a pokémon would probably mean Pikachu, but it really could be something like Lucario instead. :)
    uglyrodent likes this.
  10. fractor Level 5: Spiny

That's not negativity, that's common sense and facts to re-enforce his opinion. Your way over your head with this one. He might as well be a skin. But sbq92 brings up a good point a non 2D plataformer character inclusion could be like lucario in a way.
  11. French rocks Level 6: Lakitu

No, its simply that his post was rude and even a bit insulting for me.
    I do think it would be a lot of fun to play as a character like Lucario; in fact it would be a lot of fun to play as just about any character you can name. Yeah I agree :p.

The main problem is that new characters take a lot of time to program for Jay, and if they have no proper sprites they take a lot of time for Zach to create. Given this plus the fact that Jay and Zach are backing off from SMBC as a priority to focus on another game, it seems unlikely that SMBC will ever see any new characters beyond the two more characters that are currently partially finished. From the player's point of view, there may be all kinds of things that could be added, but from the developers' points of view, the game is probably almost finished. They're not giving up on it, but it's ceasing to be a priority. There are certainly at least a few more things Jay and Zach intend to include (e.g., two more characters, Bass's Treble Boost), but Jay said recently that there is already a lot more in the game than he originally intended, and that he actually considers it to be "too much," so it seems likely that after these last few things are finally added, the game will be complete. What game (i'm just curious)?

I don't like being the downer, but considering Jay is probably not taking requests anymore, and Lucario has certainly already been requested before anyway, I just don't see his inclusion as a new character happening. Well I didn't knew that Jay doesn't take more requests and that he already was requested. If I knew that, I would had never write this thread, I would just add my idea.

However, on a much more positive note, keep in mind that skins were designed to allow the inclusion of several more characters without requiring extra programming on Jay's part. A Lucario skin for Ryu could be freaking awesome, and I really think someone should do it. :) I already did all of the sprites, except for the special attacks.

French rocks said:
    That's your opinion and I really don't care about the negativeness of your comment.
    He doesn't get that while he's trying to explain something to someone new, he's being a complete douche about it; I wouldn't take it personally if I were you, I don't think he's trying to.;) I'm not as new as you might think (neither i'm «old» on the forums, it has been 6 months since i'm on it).

I think it's a cool idea regardless; there are surely other more suitable characters that would come before him if Lucario ever got into the game, but I'm not shooting down the idea.Thanks and yes that's true.

[COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=book antiqua][COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=book antiqua][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=#00ccff]Yeah, I really have to agree with Rey D. Lucario kicks seven kinds of ass, [COLOR=#ffffff](hell yeah :D)[/COLOR] but he has no retro nor iconic meaning. [COLOR=#ffffff]Yeah :/.[/COLOR] His biggest appearance is as a Smash Bros character, and...well, let's be honest; [COLOR=#ffffff]I'd rather say it's in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum since it's the first game he was introduced in.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
    They
    [​IMG]
    will
    [​IMG]
    include
    [​IMG]
    ANYONE.

So I really don't see how Lucario gives anyone the nostalgic rush of the others, and to boot it would require spriting every element entirely from scratch. I already did a few sprites, the only thing missing would be his attack's animation sprites and the custom tileset for the levels if there ever will be one necessary.
    [FONT=book antiqua][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=book antiqua][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=book antiqua][COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=book antiqua][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=#00ccff]That said, if Lucario DID get in, that would be fucking RAD. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

uglyrodent likes this.
  12. World 1-1 Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think he was rude, I think he was just saying the reality.
  13. 狂人さん Level 9: Spike Top

the only thing that should be spoken about in here is WHY Lucario should be in the game.
    Rey D likes this.
  14. French rocks Level 6: Lakitu

I modified my first post to include ideas about him being a Megaman or Ryu skin.
  15. Jowee the Raposa Level 2: Koopa

Pikachu. then it's a good idea
  16. MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

17. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

That would be requesting an entirely different character.

You might as well have said "Pit. Then it's a good idea."

But we're talking about Lucario here.
  18. French rocks Level 6: Lakitu

Someone bumped this?

I just noticed this today.

That was so fucking imprecise, that was as horrible as Jowee's Character requests.

Feel free to lock this thread, I made a Mega Man skin of Lucario and this thread isn't necessary anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.