Other characters speculation

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Nemephosis, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

So, Jay's already said he plans to add two more characters and Lost Levels to the game before officially calling it a day, so we have this to look forward to.

Nothing at all has been revealed about them, no hints, nothing. However, I have a sneaky suspicion one of them is Kirby. I don't have any rationale, just a hunch.

If I had to guess at the other, I would say Pit from Kid Icarus. Kirby is deinitely one of the "main event" characters in Nintendo world. Pit... I dunno. Maybe not so much? But I could see an obscure one making the cut just to fuck with everyone, and an obscure one yet one that might be interesting to play as would definitely be Pit. I have so got to go play Kid Icarus again to see whether Pit would be a good fit or not...

Anyone else have any ideas? Also I hope they don't release any info on them until suddenly we have a new version with them selectable. I'd love the mystery. :D

2. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

The remaining two are not side scrollers.

3. Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

how dafuq will that work

4. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

They will most likely be like Link. They will have gameplay that can suit a side scroller.

5. Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

ah, I see... oh shit it's the hero from Hydlide. You kill enemies by running into them, or maybe you will die instead. lol.

edit: AND THE MUSIC

OH GOD THE MUSIC

IT WILL HAUNT YOU TO YOUR SOUL

6. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

How is Kid Icarus obscure O_o

Anyway, I'm a HUGE Pit supporter for the game.

Also, I believe that the remaining ones were not from a PLATFORMER, side scrolling is still allowed though (Battletoads, for example). And I thought it was only one of them that was? I may be wrong, but I thought one of them could be anything and one wasn't from a platformer.

7. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Kirby is officially "too much work"

8. Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Given there's been maybe two Kid Icarus games over the years... I call it obscure. Hell, the only reason I know his name is because he was in super smash bros brawl.

9. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Granted, but obscurity is how well known they are, not how big their series is. Even if there were only two games (and only one was at all popular), the game made a pretty big impact. It might not be HUGELY famous, but the game in general is at least recognizable.

Hell, SOPHIA was only in one game worth playing :p

10. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

With the way SMBC works now. Getsu Fuma would be awesome to add.

11. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think Bomberman has a decent chance. (Yes I know he had one sidescroller for the Game Boy Color but COME ON.)