Should Zero be in SMBC?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by c2456, Jan 6, 2011.

1. yerffej Level 5: Spiny

Doesn't seem that way to me.

2. Please Level 8: Hammer Bro

Actually, that connection doesn't make sense. A better connection would be adding Mario instead of Luigi.

We really don't need a ton of Megaman characters in SMBC. Mega Man deserves his spot there, and Protoman would be cool. Anymore than that is Mega Man overload, especially at the time being of only 8 characters. Plus, Zero is 16 bit and not from the NES, that's really important.

3. c2456 Level 6: Lakitu

You can out him in a 6-bit game still.

4. Please Level 8: Hammer Bro

I've never heard of a 6-bit game and I don't know what "out him" means?

5. sds Level 1: Goomba

He means 8 bit

6. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

16-bit sprites wouldn't be a problem if they weren't, you know, like too big.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Concerning having too many Mega Man characters, adding Proto Man would be two from one series, while adding Zero would be from a different series (albeit based on another series). So if anything, Proto Man would be causing the overload if you see what I mean.
    Also, the Dash on the SNES and PS1 MMX games could also be done with a double tap (it was, in fact, the only way I ever dashed >_>), although with nothing else for the special button having both available would be pretty cool.

I know how late I am in responding to all of this.

8. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

Moved, called the police, etc.

9. NanTheDark Level 2: Koopa

The GBC Zero could be a skin for Ryu!

Think about it. Zero has a sword, Ryu's shurikens could be turned into energy blasts, and the Windmill Shuriken could be some king of energy attack too. And wall climbing (they don't climb the same way, but still works)

10. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

That's a good idea... although Zero doesn't have any climbing sprites, does he?

11. bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Ladder climbing sprites definitely, like when his back is toward you as he climbs. But no side view wall scaling sprites.

12. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

They could be edited, I'm sure. There are sprites of him on a wall, aren't there? They could be modified.

13. mitsymckenzie777 Level 8: Hammer Bro

My major argument in this though a bit off topic is SMBC is free to play. Therefore I'm not saying that everyone needs to agree on what characters from what systems should or shouldn't be added. In the end it is up to Jay. Now getting back on topic...

Zero depending on what form he takes is a complicated idea.
    16-bit MMX2 yes I know in MMX2 he was originally an optional boss character. But this was the first time he ever had a detailed moveset.

16-bit MMX3 this was the first playable Zero very much similar to X with exception he started fully upgraded and in full charge only use a limited variation to the Z saber. Also he was only available unless glitches or codes were implemented as an ally or support style character.
    If he died whether mid game or due to the X using the Z saber secret he would remain dead for the rest of the game. With X being rescued at the end by Dr. Doppler. Also by the end of the game he would be very much weaker than X if you found all upgrades.

32-bit MMX4 Zero has the most recognizably unique gameplay ever. Some if not most would consider this the true Zero he has his own unique controls similar to a cross of action platforming style combined with fighting style genres. He features also what some might call the true Z saber mechanics.

32-bit MMX5-6 Crouching has been added

8-bit MMXtreme2 Though appearing in both Xtreme games he was only playable in 2. Also his role in 1 did not include a real detailed moveset similar to the 16-bit title X1. His moveset in Xtreme 2 was much like his 32-bit counterparts.

32-bit though very similar to 16-bit MMZ His gameplay while totally different could be closely considered like in X4-6 and Xtreme2 also loose RPG elements had been added.

Therefore the argument of Zero is that he has so many variations which should Jay add first. He has no official NES sprites and in some cases useless to SMBC He at his earliest had no real gameplay as a playable character till X3 also he has RPG elements in the Zero series.

But in a positive light SMBC is free. So if Zero is added no one has the right to be mad. Just don't use him when you play. No one is forcing you. So grow up or just go buy a NES and forget any other systems ever existed. While if Zero is not added we can only suggest that he is and hope for the best.

Oh BTW only my opinion but Being separate characters,series and gameplay although similar just totally different. The Ryu/Zero skin idea would be a bit weird. Lastly on an added not Please said custom sprites should be forbidden but if you think about it I'm not positive Samus on the NES had no climbing sprite unless you consider her riding the lifts from points a to points b.

14. Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I wouldn't really mind if he's added. I would use him a lot, because of wall-slide and wall jump, dash, air-dash and other moves he has.

As long as he plays like in Xtreme 2.

It's one of those characters I would've never asked for, but I would use the most.

15. likkyzero Level 2: Koopa

zero being my favorite megaman x character and all yeah i think he should but isnt having 3 sword characters unneccery? link and ryu (i prefer megaman zero through but he is too large for the game and out of place)

16. mitsymckenzie777 Level 8: Hammer Bro

Like I've been saying to Jay referring to Z2 Link when someone made an inaccurate post about his size I believe it was, Though Z2 Link is obviously the same size as big Mario. But Character sprites if too big can always be shrunk if a lot of details aren't lost after shrinking they should work. Prime examples being Battle toads Ninja Turtles maybe a few other NES characters. So not saying Jay will go for 16-bit or 32-bit sprites. Maybe not even non NES 8-bit sprites but if he did it would be perfect seeing this game with the addition of skins making it go beyond the 8bit,16-bit or even in the case 32-bit genres but a crossover of all three. Meaning 8-bit sprites in 16-bit worlds or vice versa. But it's all up to Jay's desires for the game.

17. Jcogginsa Level 3: Paratroopa

In the megaman zero series, Zero has an attack that is nearly exactly like the windmill shuriken

18. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

To shrunk? How exactly ?

19. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Wait, why would Zero be in this game? SMBC is a tribute to the NES. Zero was never on the NES.

20. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

We've got three gun characters already; Bill, Samus, and Mega Man. I don't think three swords would be bad.

I think the point is just to play other characters, not just NES >_>