Should Zero be in SMBC?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by c2456, Jan 6, 2011.

1. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

All of the characters currently in the game were on the NES.

2. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

That is an entirely valid, true, and correct thing to say.

My point was that, to my knowledge, the point is to play other characters in SMB, not JUST NES ones. In other words, the status quo of being uniconsole may not remain.

Edit:
    I have no idea if I posted in this thread already, but I think I have; regardless, I really do support Zero's inclusion. Even if the dash and wall jump are taken out (not that they would be, but I could imagine them being a tad broken), I think we need a character with nothing but melee attacks.

Also, I'm going to go through and check if it has been done in this thread, but if not I could put together a mock up of his sprite sheet that could be used.

3. Yabuturtle Level 3: Paratroopa

Does it really matter if it's on the NES or not though? People want Sonic a lot and he wasn't on the NES. I don't think it should matter where they come from as long as it's 8-bit, the character is unique and fits well with the SMB world, I don't have a problem with it. Zero probably should be in there, has a few melee attacks. I think that should be his specialty. His dash ought to be unique as well.

4. bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

To some it makes all the difference which characters are chosen for this game. I'm a little more open-minded about non-nes characters being added, but not by much. As for Zero, it's not about what system he was on as much as what he would bring to the table. I love the guy, but personally I feel not that much.

5. Jcogginsa Level 3: Paratroopa

what about his wall jumping sprites

6. bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

What we meant was that in comparison to Ryu, Zero doesn't climb walls like how he does. This was from a possible idea to use Zero as a Ryu skin.

7. Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I support Zero, just for the kickass music. Oh.. scratch that, the character is pretty cool too. He could work in his 8-bit design, but his beam saber would be WAY too short.

8. Anter Level 6: Lakitu

ZERO MUST BE IN THE GAME!!!

9. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

Okay... What about a no? I like him, but he doesn't fit too well. I think we debated enough to get to this conclusion, didn't we?

10. Yabuturtle Level 3: Paratroopa

I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be there. The Z saber is short but it could do a lot more damage than Ryu's sword. His dashing ability would be nice and he'd have kickass music to boot.

11. Anter Level 6: Lakitu

But we can try to edit him more!

12. World 1-1 Level 11: Moderator

That's the problem. We need the characters to be the same as it's game, but also it has to fit in SMBC.

I agree with Rey. Maybe he can be added in a possible sequence.

13. SuperMario656 Level 0: Newbie

I've been wanting zero for a long time.I DO know that we can't use the Zero from the Megaman Zero series.He's too futuristic looking.I would suggest using the one from MMX

14. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Yes, we have discussed it enough to reach the conclusion that you do not support his entry. While we're on this train of thought, the discussion for Rash makes me want him in the game less than before the discussion.

Now, back on track, the MMX version is pretty much the only workable version, so I agree about that.

15. Sniperassassinx Level 5: Spiny

now how do i say this? Oh Right... if you see the group zero in SMBC,then two words: HELL YES

16. Yabuturtle Level 3: Paratroopa

Oh and Zero has an air dash too. His melee attack is kind of short but he attacks quickly.

17. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

:eek: Okay.
    So questions:
    -Would you use the Mega Man Extreme sprites? If so, then they'd not have colors like in SMBC (and there's only NES characters in SMBC yet).
    -His jump isn't higher than Mega Man. Would you make him hi-jump, alternating the nostalgia?

18. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

The first question has been addressed a couple of times already; yes we would use the Xtreme sprites, no they do not have the NES pallet. Honestly, saying that's a legitimate problem seems kind of silly, but I agree they look wrong. However, Jay and/or Ryuza have edited sprites before, and if Zero were included I am sure they would do it again.

Since there is literally no reason for him to have high jump, I can't say that's really a concern, but I'm not at all against it being there.

19. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

I must admit I didn't think about a palette colors change. Though it would change Zero. He would not be from Mega MAn X, neither from Mega Man Extrem. That'd be weird, wouldn't it?

I was asking if you wanted a high jump since Zero, as a Mega Man, does not jump high enough. That's why the current Mega Man in SMBC has a Rush Coil.

20. Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Zero doesn't need a high jump. He has a WALL jump. And when he kick-jumps off a wall, I'm sure he could reach any other side that Mario would've reached with at full running speed + jump. He could also have a DOUBLE jump so that if the wall-kick jump doesn't get him where he needs to go, he can rely on his additional double jump.