Should Zero be in SMBC?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by c2456, Jan 6, 2011.

1. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Well it would be the same sprite, just edited to look "right". Samus has an outline, for example, that is not present in Metroid. This would be more Xtreme (pardon the pun), but not unprecedented.

Iiiiii...derped entirely on that. You're right about his jump. Although Wall Jump would work in some scenarios, there are many where it would fall short of being any kind of helpful. Maybe the mid-air dash would make up for it? A high jump is also viable, but not at all to the extent of Mega Man's.
  2. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Samus has... WHAT?! I never realized that.

Mid-air dash? Not a bad idea.
  3. ReNeX Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

I know it's an old topic but i wanted to share my opinion after reading through.

IMO the GBA series have excellent gameplay. We could use custom spriting with the GBA moveset. The wall kick can supplement the low jump, as it's used that way on the original games anyway. Sword combos would be good if they weren't so not-8-bit.

Zero is much more agile than X because the game itself is harder. Mostly because enemies could come from any direction while on the X series you could only shoot straight.

Also i think the new design from the GBA series is better for two reasons: 1.It differentiates him more from the X series and 2.It's less bulky; Zero's moveset implies he's very light.
    QuoteTheHero likes this.
  4. smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

Let's see.... a skin option for 16-bit graphics.... check.
    I do believe zero should be playable. : 3
  5. Eric Thorstad Level 2: Koopa

I think that this GBC game is simply the palette to use, not the game that makes people want to have Zero in this game. For those that have played the GBA games that feature Zero, then it seems like perfect fit for SMBC.
  6. Xman321 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

YES
    him and goku are my top 2 ;)
  7. NeutralZero Level 1: Goomba

I would for once like to see a version of zero that's not from the x series in a crossover game.
    I remember there was 8 bit Zero sprites from the zero series somewhere but I wouldn't like to take sprites from someone else,I would like to at least have the x version in the game.

/support
  8. Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Definitely not in addition to Mega Man and Bass. If it's a skin, go for it. As a whole new character? No.
  9. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

If it was a whole another character, how would you make it available when you turn ACTIVE SKINS to NES ?
  10. Best At Link Level 0: Newbie

i hope to see Someone everyone might just love and that is Zero off of Megaman
  11. ReNeX Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Can't blame you for not finding it - it's pretty old - but it exists.

So I shall bump it instead of locking.
    Mario-Fan and Pappyshacks like this.
  12. smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

honestly... i would love it if zero were in here with megaman and bass.... we just need to find a way how...
  13. Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

As a Simon skin...? Maybe not, but Link was made with Simon!
  14. JoMamma Level 8: Hammer Bro

Ryu skin.
    He has a sword, a wall cling, a rolling slash, and a couple ranged weapons just like Zero.
    It's perfect.
  15. JoMamma Level 8: Hammer Bro

you forgot one thing
    "is overpowered"
  16. Christian Lee Gilley Level 3: Paratroopa

My opinion of X and Zero (And maybe Axl too), X would either be a skin of MegaMan or a character with his own items, just some recoloring fixes needed. Zero Would be a standalone character with his items & move set, again with recoloring fixes. Axl would be an editation of Zero, Maybe a skin of Bass since Bass shoots in upward & vertical directions, but given downward direction too. However He too would be a standalone character too with his items & hover ability.
  17. NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Has 4 HP
    Jumps 4 Blocks, then 2
    Dashes and spin attacks in the air for 800 Damage
    Downward kick deals 1000 Damage
    Wall Jump, slides down 1 block per second
    Shots deal 125 Damage, can fire 3 at a time and can aim
    Shoots the green blast that deals 350 Damage after 1 second of not firing
    Shoots the blue blast that deals 850 Damage after 3 second of not firing
    Shoots the purple blast that deals 1200 Damage after 4 second of not firing
    Shoots 2 3 or 4 purple blasts that deal 1200 Damage after 6 7 or 8 second of not firing
    Shoots the powerful blast that deals 5500 Damage after 9 second of not firing

Slashes for 500 Damage in a 2 block range
    Slash deals 800 Damage after 1 second of not slashing
    Slash deals 1200 Damage after 2 second of not slashing on a 3 block range
    Slash deals 2000 Damage after 3 second of not slashing on a 4 block range
    Slash deals 3500 Damage after 4 second of not slashing on a 5 block range
    Pressing up slashes upwards and rises 1 block dealing 1200 Damage
    Punches down producing a Flare that deals 2000 Damage on a 2 block range and 4 debris each side
  18. JoMamma Level 8: Hammer Bro

where do you get all these damage numbers?
  19. NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

There's the SMBC Wiki, Goomba 250 Spiky 350 Turtle 600 Hammer 800
  20. QuoteTheHero Level 2: Koopa

I'd rather have the MMZ Zero in,with Cyber-elves as toads and Ciel as the Princess.
    and he'd have These weapons:
    *Z-Saber
    *Buster Shot
    *Shield Boomerang
    *Triple/Chain/Recoil Rod(no Z-Knuckle since it's pointless for enemies other than Hammer Bros.)
    and features:
    *Wall Jump
    *Rolling Slash
    *Custom 8-bit MMZ Music
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014