Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Exploding Rabbit' started by Exploding Rabbit, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

ah shit. I guess I am not much of an 80's gamer, I never played the original Ninja Gaiden. I heard it gave you the rage, and I stayed away lol.

sbq92 likes this.
  2. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Speaking of rage... 2-3... Not as bad as it was, but still pretty evil. Walkin' along, then BOOM! fish to the face. I need to look into the cheats again. I don't remember how to unlock them all. I want to unlock level select so I can skip the 2-2, 2-3, 7-2, and 7-3. :p

3. Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

I just looked this up, cause well, I'm a cheating asshole. :p

Go to the cheat menu,. highlight Classic Simon, press Jump 10 times then Special. The menu will close. Reopen it, et vwala, you too can be a cheating asshole. Enjoying your cheating assholery, I am. :p

4. money grip Level 1: Goomba

on my first playthru of 2.0.

it's awesome. love the changes, and as a player who likes to play with random music and random character, the possibilities with this version really expand the game.

thanks so much for all the hard work!

狂人さん likes this.
  5. Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

So I warmed up to 2.0 enough to actually sit and play a second time through, straight after the first. I am glad I did, I am enjoying it a lot more. I was pretty undecided at first, but the more I play it, the more I enjoy it.

6. Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Wow. This update is jam-packed with an insane amount of awesome new features. Really awesome new features. Totally love the new musics, graphics, and skins. It's an absolute joy to play "mix it up" and have a different kind of experience with each level. Although I was a bit sceptical of the new gameplay changes, after playing through it for the past couple of hours it does seem to offer a more challenging and faithful gaming experience. I like how most characters take longer to get fully powered up, offering greater incentive not to shortcut your way to the end of the game. I love some of the smaller new features as well, like new musics being introduced when fighting Bowser or accessing secret areas, the new intro and character select screens, and Mega Man's default high jump. I agree that the Dr. Wily skin worked out very, very well. Also, using music from Super C for Lance was a brilliant way to distinguish him from Bill.

I honestly can't wait for the next update (more skins, more 16-bit Blaster Master music, Lost Levels, and hopefully a stomp cheat :)) Keeping fingers crossed that Adobe gets some updates out so we can play full-screen and SNES music can be enjoyed without any performance issues.

Congratulations on this masterpiece Jay and Ryuza. I can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeves.

7. Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Sorry for the double post but I just had a crazy idea that may resolve the performance issues as well as the additional hosting resources required for the new musics. What if all of the music files in the game were able to be downloaded as a separate package locally and the game could be configured to point to the local folder that contains the music? I imagine this would slightly increase loadtime each time the music changes, but it would drastically reduce both the memory and hosting requirements. It would also have the additional side benefit of letting users replace the local music files as they wish in order to allow full music customization, without requiring further modifications to the engine.

狂人さん likes this.
  8. Anon421 Guest

this game looks new

i wish i knew

and had a clue

that today i would have my first playthrough. :D

狂人さん and roman6a like this.
  9. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I hate Link's nes blue tunic. It blends in some levels. Can you change it back to the color from 1.2? That was a more accurate blue tunic from Zelda 1.

10. TiagoDu Level 8: Hammer Bro

I'm too excited to read 2 pages of posts, i MUST post this. This is 2 days later of my birthday!
    I will play it NAOW!!!

11. Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

So what do the rings and the quiver do? I can't figure it out. Also I keep dying because I forget you can no longer stomp. Lol. But I prefer Mario and Luigi to be more unique anyway.

12. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I love everything about the game.
    Also I found out why Bill can't collect mushrooms. It's simple! Bill is too badass to rely on drugs like fat italian plumbers and companions!

roman6a and Mitewing like this.
  13. fractor Level 5: Spiny

This game is huuuge!! It's messing up my computer. I can't even load it on a mac, Why aren't you working godammit!!

roman6a likes this.
  14. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

WHAT
    no,
    that's not enough to show my shock

EDIT:
    DAMMIT IS MY BROWSER CACHEING OR SOMETHING
    EDIT 2:
    DAMN YOU CHROME, I'M USING FIREFOX SO THAT I CAN PLAY THIS AWESOMENESS

roman6a likes this.
  15. TiagoDu Level 8: Hammer Bro

OK, now that i'm here after my first playthru, i must say it's a jar full of awesomesauce!
    I haven't tried all the character skins but they feel like a new char sometimes.
    Some bugs like invisible weapons sometimes, but nothing to rot this sauce'o'awesomeness!
    I must say that Jay Ryuza and the-other-guy-that-made-some-musics have done a splendid job!
    Now, i must play the game again! See ya!

Sorry if i can't write thigs very well connected. I'm just too excited about The Game.

16. camoslash Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

*shits pants* HOLY CRAP YESSSSS.

THANK YOU =D *you do owe me some pants now though lol*

roman6a likes this.
  17. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I haven't discovered what all the "armors" do yet. I think I've discovered Link's red tunic gives him sword beams (which you'd think should come with the magic sword instead...), but what does the blue tunic do? And what does the Varia Suit do? Are they just color changes? If they have no function other than color change, they could potentially act as extra mushrooms.

roman6a likes this.
  18. Christian Lee Gilley Level 3: Paratroopa

that was a good run. if only you could skin it yourself then you could get creative

19. World 1-1 Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

The first thing I did was jumping on and enemy with Link and then remember he can't do it anymore :p. Downward Thrust is now pretty necessary.

DarkBowser100, roman6a and sbq92 like this.
  20. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Ok, so I say everyone should say what their favorite skin/music options are. The ones I find myself using most are Gameboy Protoman, NES Protoman music, and Mario Land 2 Levels and Enemies <3. Oh, and the infinite time and lives cheats >.>