Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Exploding Rabbit' started by Exploding Rabbit, Feb 8, 2012.

1. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe I'm missing something, but what does the "R" do for Bill? More damage? I thought it would be rapid fire, but it's clearly not that.
    roman6a likes this.
  2. roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

gameplay more like the good ol' nes characters on their own games?
    Y
    HOW ABOUT THE DIFFICULTY ROCKETING ONTO THE SKY TOO?
    Y+
    the game is still freaking awesome?
    Y++
  3. Captain Knight Level 9: Spike Top

I'm just now playing the update, but the sad thing is, I can only see the bad things in this, none of the good. I'm sure in a couple days I'll start to love it, but for now, I can only see bad stuff.
    For example, constantly jumping on top of goombas that kill me. And not being able to have the weapon you always start with, like Simon's axe. I know this is supposed to add realism to the game like you're actually playing Castlevania instead of Super Mario Bros., but it's still a problem I need to get used to. AND THE NES MUSIC GOT CHANGED BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TRACKS ON THE NEWGROUNDS VERSION. RAGE.

I don't hate the update, but I'm only seeing the bad stuff, which will go away soon hopefully. Don't hate this message.
    roman6a likes this.
  4. roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

it is rapid fire, it even says so on the tutorial.

try picking an S and check how fasts the shots go when having the awesome double R
    uglyrodent likes this.
  5. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Has someone mentioned that Trevor with Vampire Killer as overworld theme was surprising?
    ZeroXBeoulve and roman6a like this.
  6. Dinospy_01 Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

You guys! I found a bug!

There's a bug in world 1-2, at the very end of the underground part, there's a block in front of the pipe that is unbreakable. I tried everything but that block just won't break! It's almost like it was put there for a purpose...
  7. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Hmm...okay. I didn't really see/feel much of a difference. o.o I guess they just travel faster?
    roman6a likes this.
  8. World 1-1 Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe you could try one last thing: Download a browser you never used before, like Opera I guess. Go to the game page. If it display the old version, there's something really weird happening.
    roman6a likes this.
  9. roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

yes they do, you might not notice, but it REALLY does make the shots go faster.
  10. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

No he doesn't! Unless you mean 16-bit. All the characters only have one 16-bit playlist for now because it takes too much memory.
    roman6a likes this.
  11. roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

16-BIT BLAST PROCESSING POWER!!!

it's too much awesome for the flash game memory to handle!
  12. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

"There's a bug in world 1-2, at the very end of the underground part, there's a block in front of the pipe that is unbreakable. I tried everything but that block just won't break! It's almost like it was put there for a purpose..."

What you have to do is stand under the block while playing as Simon, jump ten times then push Special. Kriby will appear out of the box and will be unlocked.
  13. Foxfiend Level 6: Lakitu

Well I have a secret confession to make actually.
    I was hoping for that Haggle Man will have some epic Haggle Man 3 music. I was also hoping for japanese version of Castlevania 3 musics...
    roman6a likes this.
  14. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

Haggle Man's music wasn't in the correct format, so that music is from Ninja Gaiden for Sega Master System. The japanese castlevania 3 music was different?
    What are you talking about? There's way, way more music in this game than the Newgrounds version.
    uglyrodent and roman6a like this.
  15. Foxfiend Level 6: Lakitu

Well for a little history the japanese version is the original. The american NES was unable to play the japanese version music so they highly changed the american version so that it can handle it.

It sounds like this.
  16. Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Is there any chance Bass' ability to pick up and throw bricks can be extended to all blocks? Would be a better use of empty ? bricks.
    roman6a likes this.
  17. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Can we please have Link's original blue tunic back? Just... Look at this...

[​IMG]
    ZeroXBeoulve, uglyrodent and roman6a like this.
  18. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

it's optic camouflage
  19. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Figured I'd list some things I've noticed:

- Bouncy pits made bowser fly past the top of the screen after getting the axe (it was hilarious... I'd actually leave it in because of how funny it was)
    - SMB3 Fire Luigi's pants turn black when climbing or using the flag pole.
    - Choosing random character doesn't keep it on random once you finish the level, it starts to highlight the character it chose for you
    - Sophia III gets a weapon that doesn't seem to work (comes up with ammo but nothing happens when fired... Has an H on the power-up)
    - Unable to unlock the cheat where you have to collect ammo pickups.
    - SMB3 skin coins seem to have a non-transparent square around them

Oh, and I heart Proto Man and Dr. Wily <3
  20. leonmuse Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I'm gonna install Netscape for this sole purpose. Ah, my love for games... sigh