Super Mario Crossover Two Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'General Exploding Rabbit' started by Exploding Rabbit, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

2. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Congrats sbq92!

Oh yeah first do local co-op. I plan to get more wired controllers if this happens.

roman6a likes this.
  3. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad to get some good news!

sbq92 is now part of the "main developpement team", eh? I won't say say "congratulations" because in fact, I know him as a member and will always do (probably). It's good if you enjoy being part of that and I'd be glad if you're especially happy about that, but... I just feel like I won't celebrate your "promotion". ._.
    [ Why did I post that part? ]

On the other hand, sbq has a point of view toward skins that I kind of like. It's an interesting one.
    --Heeheeheeheehee Rokko-Chan Heeheeheeheehee--

Nitron_ZX, sbq92 and roman6a like this.
  4. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

I won't really care about multi-player until it's online. I have no one to play with in real life.

And yeah, cool beans! Sbq seems pretty dedicated to our skinning scene. Maybe we'll finally see some skin updates soon. I'm hoping for level skins.

EDIT: AND ROKKO CHAN

maek it happen deud

5. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I don't mind on having both offline and online.

I hope my Clone Ryu and Classic Luigi skins will be in. I know Sbq really liked them.

6. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

→ Let me look around me.
    Me neither. But... ... ... I don't know, maybe for speedrun challenges or something?

Mario-Fan, roman6a and fractor like this.
  7. fractor Level 5: Spiny

Glorious shall be the day we get multiplayer online!! For I too have nobody to play with.........seriously wtf? Who wouldn't want to play this game?

roman6a likes this.
  8. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

→ O:
    No I'm not pointing anyone but...
    MMORPG players, no-retro players, etc.
    Sooooo... like I was saying... No one especiallyyy~ 8D

9. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

MMOs aint got nothing on SMBC's online multiplayer.

10. Omicron Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

SMBC is already Massive. Now we just need the Multiplayer and the Online :awesome:

11. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Oh oh, I remember what I wanted to ask. Will it be possible to have integrated time attacks and leaderboards?

sbq92 likes this.
  12. Rabbite Level 2: Koopa

Lots of exciting news there! It's cool to watch this develop more and more each time!

13. Dinospy_01 Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Awesome news! Congratulations to sbq92! Music person...eh?

*runs to practice with the music composition software I've been playing around with*

sbq92 and Rey D like this.
  14. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

Yes that'd be good. I was waiting before doing that because I felt the game didn't always run the same way and it wouldn't really be fair to people with slower computers. Also the game is always changing but I guess the scores could say which version of the game it was done on.

There's one pretty cool thing I forgot to mention about the Unity version. It works with something called a "Fixed Timestep," which means the game will behave the exact same way every time. For example, it means the mushroom on 1-2 would never fall on top of the block and get stuck in the small gap. It also means the characters on the title screen will behave exactly the same way each time. It also means theoretically a replay system would be able to be implemented.

I haven't tested these things, but it should work that way. So in this new version, if you die, it will be completely your fault.

15. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

→ Thank you so much. I need to find another thing to accuse now.
    Hm... my controller should do it.

Captain Knight and Nitron_ZX like this.
  16. Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

It may be better to try local coop first because it's easier. Although the Flash version isn't being worked on anymore, may I suggest to have one final update for community skins since you have a new guy on the team to handle that. Congrats to sbq92!

sbq92 likes this.
  17. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Yeah it's good to do local first. I plan to showcase co-op when I have others play. I do want online as well too.

Mitewing likes this.
  18. World 1-1 Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

This year is going too fast! At least this year I'm here to celebrate! Because 1 year ago the PC broke, exactly on that week.

Happy 2 year anniversary, SMBC! I'm going to play it right now.

Edit: Better, actually - I'm going to play 1.0, on NG.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Omicron Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Oh so it was Flash's fault anyway. How come they don't have proper timing? I wonder how the hell those Guitar Hero clones function properly under such problematic conditions.

But yeah, i understood the part about not adding new stuff but adding new stuff. It's natural when rewriting every line of code. We plan not to add anything when porting, but then there's that stinking piece of rotten-spaghetticode.

20. Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Congratulations, sbq92.