Super Retro Squad Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion in 'General Exploding Rabbit' started by Exploding Rabbit, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Link is broken or something for me.
  2. Merc Level 3: Paratroopa

I wasn't even aware this place existed or even SMBC existed ever, but then again I didn't really go looking for it.

Either way when I saw your video on Kickstarter, along with your Let's Play, it was pretty obvious I had to give you money. Now don't go spending it all in one place, mister.
    roman6a, Mitewing and aliceandsven like this.
  3. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

4. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Character introduction text from the video (open)
    Ramona: Hunter of the undead and searching for her father.
    Mecha Boy: Genius scientist who has become part robot in order to save his life.
    Erin: Intergalatic thief who becomes attached to a suit of armor, and she can't get it off, until she does whatever it wants;
    Kilner: He slays an inch of monster, and by doing so, unleashes something even worse.
    Riser: A commando who fights aliens. He's a commando, rides unicorn, has machine guns, he's fighting dragons.
    Kaida: He's a ninja, fighting against another ninja clan that has charged the dark arts.
    Manni and Lanzo: Two german miners who mine a little bit too deep, and they end up in the [???] Kingdom, have to rescue Princess [???].
    roman6a likes this.
  5. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

A few corrections (open)
    Kilner: He slays an ancient monster, . . .
    Kaida: She's a ninja, . . .
    Manni and Lanzo: . . . the Asparagus Kingdom, . . . Princess Apricot.
    roman6a, ZeroXBeoulve and Rey D like this.
  6. Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I can see it now.
    roman6a likes this.
  7. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I love SMBC so much that I would be a giant hypocrite if I did not give you money when you asked. This is actually my first time giving to a kickstarter, but if I'd do it for anyone, I'd do it for you!
    This seems like a really great idea not just because you can make actual money off of this, but also because it will allow you to do some of the things people have been clamoring for in SMBC that wouldn't really fit into that game. Hell, it's like SMBC, except that you can do whatever you want!
    I'm glad to hear that SMBC will continue, though. That game will always have a special place in my heart.
  8. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

I can't wait to see Princess Apricot

I don't know why
    Rey D, roman6a, Sergy92 and 1 other person like this.
  9. zombieplasticclock Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Enjoy my donation!

Please tell me Ramona is the Simon reskin? Because her pose is giving a very Richter Belmont-y air, and I dig it
    roman6a likes this.
  10. sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

The characters are more than simple reskins. They are each based on the existing characters, but they won't play exactly like them.
  11. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

This may be asking too much too soon, but . . . is Mecha Boy going to be a composite character of Mega Man and Bass?
    roman6a and BassWins like this.
  12. yerffej Level 5: Spiny

I see the beard has disappeared.
    10% of the goal on the first day. Nice! I may opt for the soundtrack reward.
    Also, when will a Super Retro Squad forum be created? Seeing how there is one for SMBC.
    roman6a likes this.
  13. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

Sort of... but we actually don't have all the details like that figured out yet. First we figured out the stories, then we designed the characters. The programmers are working on SMBC while Zach and Fabien are working on SRS. I guess we'll have to figure out gameplay stuff once we start designing the sprite sheets.
    It will be created when the campaign ends, but it will be private for backers until the game is released.
    The "Kiln" part is Link's name rearranged, but I never noticed the ER were the initials for Exploding Rabbit. I guess we're pretty clever, even if by accident.
  14. Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

Since there was no charather based off SOPHIA in the game, i'll struck it: Ahipos. Yes, a charather based off SOPHIA. Sprite:
    Oldt.png

It's a pretty old tank, but it has great powers. The driver in this tank is Big Eyes.
    Also, the name is Sophia's one arranged around (like Link arranged for Kiln).
  15. Dinospy_01 Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Check the Kickstarter page - the FAQ at the bottom answers the question of whether or not there will be a SOPHIA inspired character right away. (The answer is no, but it's possible she may be added in the future.)
    roman6a and Rey D like this.
  16. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh look, a Favourite button! Uh, hm. At least around 10 more people know about it...

If I was sure if Euros were donnable, then I would have donated. But I'm not sure. All I can give (for now) is an epic face. :awesome:

It's also nice to see Ryuza as a cameo guy. Surprised you didn't call the others...
    roman6a likes this.
  17. Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Come to think of it... Ramona, Kaida, Erin. Damn, girl power at its finest!
  18. Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

I love this. (open)

Can I do stuff for it? Like, graphics or something?
    That's all I could really do.
  19. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Believe it or not, when I watched the 0'Brothers video, I actually thought that you'd invited Maurice (the Mari0 maker) into the group. No kidding.
    roman6a likes this.
  20. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Eh... You'll have to make a more unique design and probably a more appealing name if you want to convince them to use it.

Ah I didn't think that one out.
    Can you tell me when you figure that out please? :)

EDIT:
    "2 graphics people is enough"
    Besides, you're not that skilled. You still have a lot to work on.

EDIT 2: People, I thought I'd post that here because it's kind of important to know it:

EDIT 3: I tried figuring out if payments in € or others can be done, and all I found is this, on Kickstarter:
    roman6a and silentshadowxp like this.