Super Retro Squad Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion in 'General Exploding Rabbit' started by Exploding Rabbit, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Question: Does Kickstarter support Paypal?
    roman6a likes this.
  2. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Well I just wow... Hearing all about the original game in work since long time I was 99% sure that it will not be something I would really be interested. But now I just wow. I actually feel horrible to not be able to give my support by money. It looks really really REALLY promising.

Weirdly enough I am also most interested in the stories of the characters! I would really really really reaaaaaallly REALLY love to find out little more about them in a little more detail.
    roman6a likes this.
  3. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately, no, hence Mario-Fan's wonder.
    Kickstarter's unique system of "get success or get nothing" is currently only working with Amazon Payments.

EDIT:
    [​IMG] Mechaboy_prev_x2.png
    EDIT2:
    RichterVSRamona.png
    roman6a and silentshadowxp like this.
  4. Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Eh... Too bad.
    roman6a likes this.
  5. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

roman6a likes this.
  6. Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

...meh. Amazon Paythingie. Well, shoot.

Anyways, if I can get that somehow, I may be able to pledge... 5 bucks. Sorry.
    roman6a likes this.
  7. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

BillVSRiser.png
    Well the Richter // Ramona was rather obvious when you've played Castlevania Rondo of Blood and/or Symphony of the Night.

But with the X // Mecha Boy comparison, it only caught my eyes when I paid attention to Mecha Boy's spriting style.
    roman6a likes this.
  8. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

character observations (besides Kilner being Link / ER)

Erin -> Samus Aran?
    Ramona -> Simon
    Riser is pretty obvious -> Bill Rizer
    Manni & Lanzo -> same starting consonant, switched ending vowels
    It looks like Mecha Boy has a robotic arm, leg and perhaps a robotic eye (the grey parts)
    roman6a likes this.
  9. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I know that when I saw Manni and Lanzo I was like Super Spelunker Bros?
    Oh yeah I also love how it is pointed out that Manni and Lanzo is german, it's like how it is pointed out that Mario and Luigi is italian. Very nice little detail there.
    roman6a likes this.
  10. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

Btw I will be shipping Erin x Ramona...

hahaha

I wonder if there will be higher-detail art later on? I know there's gonna be 16-bit sprites, I mean like character portraits and such.
    roman6a and Dinospy_01 like this.
  11. Rey D Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

Super Manni Brothers Crossover~
    roman6a likes this.
  12. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator
    Staff Member

You just gave me an idea.
    When the graphics and stuff are done...
    AWESOMESRSSMBCSKINNINGFTW
    roman6a and Sergy92 like this.
  13. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I am still excited about their stories in more detail. Then again we don't even know how much it is done so far. It may be already finished or may just be made far as we heard about it. No one will ever know unless Jay The Man not reveal it to us. Though I am still very curious! I think they are EXCELLENT CHARACTERS! I could easily write a super deep epic story for most of them! Possibilities are great!
    roman6a likes this.
  14. Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

Okay, here are some ideas...

MUST HAVES:
    • Kilner's Downward Thrust
    • I don't care if it was a joke, Riser must have a Unicorn powerup
    OPTIONAL:
    • As Mecha Boy is part robot, part human(?), it reminded me of Bionic Commando. Maybe a grappling hook powerup?
    • Manni/Lanzo could have a pickaxe-throwing powerup
    • Erin is a thief. Therefore, perhaps some more sneaky abilities? If Kaida wasn't in there, I'd give her a mechanical-assisted wall-cling. Perhaps an item tractor beam powerup?
    roman6a and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  15. Exploding Rabbit Level 13: ER Team
    Staff Member

Man, EVERYONE wants Riser to ride a unicorn in the game. I guess we'll have to add something related to it because it's currently the most requested feature. It wasn't a joke, but I didn't expect people to be so excited about it.

Anyway, I just stopped by to say Kickstarter made us a staff pick. :) And we're getting close to $2000.
    roman6a, fractor, dlbgaw and 5 others like this.
  16. aliceandsven Level 12: Super Mod
    Staff Member

2k on the first day that's amazing...

Unicorn will be the new Rush Coil!

I think once the characters are fleshed out more with sheets and gameplay, it would be fun to have them as unlockable chars or skins in SMBC
  17. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Please tell me their full names are Manni Manni and Lanzo Manni.

Looking nice so far, keep up the good work!
  18. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I be honest, I seriously would like to see mostly unique gameplay. There can be things inspired from something like how the characters are example but in overall I would like them to be their own characters a lot more. Of course a few like Manni and Lanzo able to run and jump on enemies could be nice but not too big copycat playing.
    Unicorn not necessary needs to be a powerup, it could be like just for some stages like you ride on it's back while avoiding and shooting enemies and stuff like that.
  19. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Haven't read the rest of this thread, just wanted to give my opinions on the characters:

-Ramona looks badass (make any badass character female and they become more badass)
    -Mecha Boy might be my favorite
    -Not terribly excited about how Erin looks, but pretty cool nonetheless
    -I already forgot the name of the character who is most certainly not Link, but I liked him
    -Riser combines shooting and dragons, so fuck yeah
    -Kaida: See Ramona
    -Manni and Lanzo are cool too

I am ridiculously excited for this.

EDIT: I just noticed there wasn't s Not-Bass in the party (although I guess they were all not Bass, but...)

EDIT 2: I SWEAR TO GOD JAY IF THIS IS RELEASED BEFORE I GET A WORKING COMPUTER TO PLAY IT ON I AM GOING TO HATE YOU FOREVER (just kidding but I seriously need a new computer if I want to play this...).
  20. Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Glad to see everyone likes the stories and designs, I spent a lot of time working on all the sprites and it's great to see everyone's reactions finally. :D

Also, amazingly someone already made some fan-art for Mecha!