Super Retro Squad Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit (General)' started by Jay, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

We have thought about a couple things for the characters stories, but I won't spoil anything for now. I'll leave it up to Jay to decide when we should start revealing more about the game. :)

roman6a, Mitewing and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  2. Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

If anything there could be teasers made for the game. Each teaser would be about one character and somewhat reveal it's background story and may even show a little basic gameplay with the character.

roman6a and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  3. Rey D Level 11: Moderator

I kind of like Ramona:
    [​IMG]

I think I'll make that my avatar.

4. Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

That looks pretty awesome, here's a front view by the way, easier to tell her full design with it.
    RamonaFront.png

roman6a, ZeroXBeoulve and Rey D like this.
  5. Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

Are there going to be Asparaguys or Aspara-Gus's instead of Toads? They could have asparagus dreadlocks.

roman6a and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  6. Ceed Level 6: Lakitu

I am wondering what weapons everyone uses, does mecha boy or erin have an arm cannon, does kaida use a blade, ramona a whip, kilner a sword? Do the manni brothers have pick axes or something? Or do they just jump as there appearance would suggest, perhaps they sling rocks rather than fire?

roman6a likes this.
  7. uglyrodent Level 10: Bowser

Judging by their base characters and sprites, I would assume the following:
    -Mecha Boy has an arm cannon
    -Erin fires energy from the lasers on her arm (no cannon is visible on her sprite)
    -Kaida uses a sword
    -Ramona a whip
    -Kilner also a sword (if I'm right you called them)

Can't guess on the Manni brothers though.

roman6a likes this.
  8. silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I think Mecha Boy should have a Iron Man style "blaster" where it's in the palm of his robotic hand. That'd be kind of cool.

roman6a, uglyrodent and Merc like this.
  9. Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

-Mecha Boy....yeah, probaly arm cannon.
    -Erin, by as far as i remember, is a vampire killer like Simon. He (or she) should use a knife-style whip.
    -Kilner and Kaida...yeah, just use swords.
    -Wait, so Ramona is the one who uses a whip? Oh well. She (or he) can use a whip, too.
    -Manni Brothers would use pickaxes or shovels.

I still want a charather based of SOPHIA in the game, though

10. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

Any chance you could post all the front-perspective sprites? Or are they not done yet?

Nice sprite work so far

roman6a likes this.
  11. Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah. I think Erin's front pose should be the default pose. I hope the Manni guys have a pick axe attack similar to the Hammer in Donkey Kong.

roman6a and fractor like this.
  12. aliceandsven Level 10: Bowser

well it would be weird if she turned around and faced the camera every time she stopped moving. I'm hoping it works like Samus' pose where you see it going up-down elevators/pipes or starting a level.

roman6a and Mitewing like this.
  13. Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

When I said default, I meant for the current lineup screen. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: One request for the game:
    The Unicorn MUST talk!

roman6a likes this.
  14. TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe it could be the narrator, even!

roman6a, fractor and Mitewing like this.
  15. yerffej Level 5: Spiny

I made a post to Reddit, and got one additional backer from it. Spreading the word helps!

roman6a and Mitewing like this.
  16. Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

I wonder who is kidnapping Princess Apricot...

17. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I am planning to donate at least $80. I know it's not alot but I wanna help with the beta.

Riser should also fight teddy bears.

18. Dinospy_01 Level 12: Super Mod

Hey ~ $80 is a lot, don't sell yourself short. Plus, it's a big jump to $200 from there and you get a really nice amount of rewards anyway. I'm willing to bet that most people can't afford that much. Anything helps!

Rey D, roman6a, fractor and 2 others like this.
  19. Mario-Fan Level 11: Moderator

I actually thought of that earlier today. Little guys which are basically asparaguses with arms, legs and a face. They'd be called Frogs.
    EDIT: Are you sure Manni and Lonzo are German names? 'cos Mario and Luigi are Italian names...
    EDIT 2: You are going to release sprite sheets of those characters right now, and then we are going to skin them into every game skinnable.

roman6a and uglyrodent like this.
  20. Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I think these characters will most likely be only on SRS.

roman6a likes this.