Super Mario Bros. Crossover/Characters/Bass
This page is currently up-to-date as of version 3.0. The latest version with significant additions is version 3.1.2.
Bass, known as Forte (フォルテ Forute) in Japan, is a character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover. He comes from the Mega Man series. He was added on February 10, 2012 as part of the 2.0 update.
- Pressing the Left or Right buttons will cause Bass to move left or right.
- Pressing the Jump button will cause Bass to jump. Pressing the Jump button in mid-air will allow Bass to double jump.
- Pressing Down+Jump will cause Bass to dash.
- Pressing Jump while dashing will cause Bass to dash-jump (higher horizontal velocity than normal jump).
- Pressing the Attack button will cause Bass to shoot his buster.
- Pressing any direction will allow Bass to shoot in that direction. However, Bass is locked in place when firing.
- Pressing the Special or Select allows Bass to change his weapon. Special cycles to the right, Select cycles to the left.
Skins Currently in the Game
- Bass (8-bit, from Mega Man 10)
- Bass (16-bit, recolor of Bass from Mega Man 10)
- Bass (GB, from Rockman: Battle & Fighters)
- Bass (8-bit, recolor based on Super Mario Bros. Special)
- Bass (8-bit, inspired by Atari)
- Dr. Wily (8-bit, from the Mega Man series)
- Dr. Wily (16-bit, recolor of Dr. Wily from the Mega Man series)
- Mr. X (8-bit, from Mega Man 6)
- Mr. X (16-bit, recolor of Mr. X from Mega Man 6)
- Dr. Cossack (8-bit, from Mega Man 4)
- Dr. Cossack (16-bit, recolor of Dr. Cossack from Mega Man 4)
- Quick Man (8-bit, from Mega Man 2)
- Quick Man (16-bit, recolor of Quick Man from Mega Man 2)
- Gemini Man (8-bit, from Mega Man 3)
- Gemini Man (16-bit, recolor of Gemini Man from Mega Man 3)
- Skull Man (8-bit, from Mega Man 4)
- Quick Man (NES), Quick Man (SNES)
- Runs 30% faster
- Jumps one block higher
- Can't double jump
- Can't dash
- Quick Man can slide when using Charge Kick (and can therefore enter small passages), but he can't dash-jump
Bass' first appearance was in Mega Man 7 for the Super Nintendo, but his appearance and gameplay in Super Mario Bros. Crossover are based on Mega Man 10. His double jump comes from Mega Man & Bass.
Unused sprites on the skin sheet
Currently, this is the list of Bass' sprites in the sheet above that are unused:
- Treble and the Treble Boost, and the icon
- The Magma Bazooka and its icon
- The Water Shield bubble burst