Super Mario Bros. Crossover/Characters/Bill Rizer
Great Scott! This article is in need of some history.
|Features|| Machine Gun|
|Advantage|| Long range|
Fire in 8 directions
|Disadvantage|| Poor air control|
Low damage / bullet
Cannot get mushroom
Mostly known as "The Guy from Contra", Bill Rizer is a character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover. He was available since the release of the game. He is pretty much awesome, especially when he gets the spread gun and mows all the idiots down.
- Pressing the Left or Right buttons will cause Bill to move left or right.
- Pressing the Jump button will cause Bill to jump.
- Pressing the Down button will cause Bill to lay down flat and aim his gun forward.
- Pressing the Attack button will cause Bill to shoot his gun.
- While Bill has the Machine Gun, holding the Attack button will cause him to shoot continuously.
- Pressing any direction will allow Bill to shoot in that direction. Note that shooting straight down is only possible when jumping.
Skins Currently in the Game
- Bill Rizer (NES, from Contra)
- Bill Rizer (SNES, recolor of Bill from Contra)
- Bill Rizer (SNES, custom by Pinkie Pie)
- Bill Rizer (GB, from Operation C)
- Lance Bean (NES, from Contra)
- Lance Bean (SNES, recolor of Lance from Contra)
- Lance Bean (SNES, custom by Pinkie Pie)
- Lance Bean (GB, from Operation C)
- RC-008 (NES, from Probotector)
- RD-011 (NES, from Probotector)
- Bill Rizer (NES, Sharp X1-style edit of Bill from Contra)
- Bill Rizer (NES, Atari-style edit of Bill from Contra)
Bill Rizer Specific Tips
- Collect Rapid Fires to maximise the efficiency of your gun!
- Choose wisely which gun you'll use!
- The Machine Gun with its straight forward motion, is very useful to keep on shooting one spot or region. It's the most balanced weapon, but not as powerful as the others, so it's mostly useful as a long-range weapon.
- The Spread Gun, with its wide range, can be useful to hit multiple enemies or enemies moving a lot (like Lakitus), but at close-range, with its five bullets per shot, it's a deadly weapon.
- The Laser Gun, although allowing only one straight shot per screen, gives a hard time to anything being hit by the whole beam. It's more or less a mid-range weapon.
- The Flamethrower is an armor-piercing weapon, giving you an excellent reason to keep this weapon. Its weird motion can be tricky sometimes, but once you master it, no enemy can stand in your way.
Bill Rizer is from Contra (A game that is commonly known for its difficulty that came out in 1987 and is of the run and gun genre.) and Super C for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
Differences From Original Game
Bill does not have the Falcon to destroy every enemy on the screen.
Unused sprites on the skin sheet
Currently, this is the list of Bill's sprites in the sheet above that are unused: