Super Mario Bros. Crossover/Characters/Bill Rizer
|Features|| Machine Gun|
|Advantage|| Long range|
Able to fire in 8 directions
|Disadvantage|| Awkward aerial physics|
Very low damage per bullet
Cannot get a mushroom (always dies in one hit)
Great Scott! This article is in need of some history.
Template:Uptobdate Mostly known as "The Guy from Contra", Bill Rizer is a character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover. He was available since the release of the game. He is pretty much awesome, especially when he gets the spread gun and mows all the idiots down.
- Pressing the Left or Right buttons will cause Bill to move left or right.
- Pressing the Jump button will cause Bill to jump.
- Pressing the Down button will cause Bill to lay down flat and aim his gun forward.
- Pressing the Attack button will cause Bill to shoot his gun.
- While Bill has the Machine Gun, holding the Attack button will cause him to shoot continuously.
- Pressing any direction will allow Bill to shoot in that direction. Note that shooting straight down is only possible when jumping.
Skins Currently in the Game
- Bill Rizer (8-bit, from Contra)
- Bill Rizer (16-bit, recolor of Bill from Contra)
- Bill Rizer (16-bit, custom by Pinkie Pie)
- Bill Rizer (GB, from Operation C)
- Bill Rizer (8-bit, recolor based on Super Mario Bros. Special)
- Bill Rizer (8-bit, inspired by Atari)
- Lance Bean (8-bit, from Contra)
- Lance Bean (16-bit, recolor of Lance from Contra)
- Lance Bean (16-bit, custom by Pinkie Pie)
- Lance Bean (GB, from Operation C)
- RC-008 (8-bit, from Probotector)
- RC-008 (GB, from Probotector)
- RD-011 (8-bit, from Probotector)
- RD-011 (GB, from Probotector)
Bill Rizer Specific Tips
- Collect rapid fire power-ups to maximize the efficiency of your gun!
- Each gun has its own strengths and weaknesses- choose wisely!
- The Machine Gun does not grant additional damage, but it allows Bill to fire much faster and without repeatedly pressing the attack button.
- The Spread Gun, with its wide range, can be useful to hit multiple enemies and excels at shooting down moving enemies like Lakitu; close-up, it can be an extremely deadly weapon. It does not pierce armor, which slightly limits its usefulness in the later levels.
- The Laser Gun, although allowing only one straight shot per screen, gives a hard time to anything being hit by the whole beam. It's more or less a mid-range weapon.
- The Flamethrower is Bill's only armor-piercing weapon, allowing him to decimate all enemies. Its corkscrew pattern, however, takes some time to get used to, and the weapon fires very slowly, which hinders its effectiveness as a long-range weapon.
Bill Rizer is from Contra (a game that is commonly known for its difficulty that came out in 1987 and is of the run and gun genre) and Super C for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
Differences From Original Game
- Bill does not have the Falcon to destroy every enemy on the screen.
- In SMBC 3.0 there is an equivalent item "Lucky Star", which is available to everyone.
Unused sprites on the skin sheet
Currently, this is the list of Bill's sprites in the sheet above that are unused: