Super Mario Bros. Crossover/Characters/Luigi
|Original Game||Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels (1986)|
|Features||Features from Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan)|
|Advantage|| Jumps higher than Mario|
Can stomp enemies
Fireballs give one-hit kills
|Disadvantage|| Low traction |
Luigi is a character added to Super Mario Bros. Crossover in Version 2.0. He has abilities from Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese). His default sprites are the colors used in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. He can jump higher than Mario.
- Pressing the Left or Right buttons will cause Luigi to move left or right, and holding the Attack button while moving will cause Luigi to run.
- Pressing the Jump button will cause Luigi to jump. This button is also used to swim while underwater.
- While Luigi has a Super Mushroom or a Fire Flower, pressing Down will cause him to crouch.
- While Luigi has a Fire Flower, pressing the Attack button will cause him to throw a fireball, with a maximum of two on the screen at one time.
Skins Currently in the Game
- Luigi (NES, from Super Mario Bros. DX)
- Luigi (SNES, from Super Mario Bros. in Super Mario All-Stars)
- Luigi (NES, from Super Mario Bros. 2)
- Luigi (SNES, from Super Mario Bros. 2 in Super Mario All-Stars)
- Luigi (NES, from Super Mario Bros. 3)
- Luigi (SNES, from Super Mario Bros. 3 in Super Mario All-Stars)
- Luigi (SNES, from Super Mario World in Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World)
- Luigi (GB, from Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins)
- Princess Peach (NES, from Super Mario Bros. 2)
- Luigi (NES, recolor of Mario from the Sharp X1 version ofSuper Mario Bros. Special)
- Luigi (NES, Atari-style edit of Mario from Super Mario Bros.)
- Princess Peach (SNES, from Super Mario Bros. 2 in Super Mario All-Stars)
- SMB2 (NES), SMB2 (SNES), SMW, Princess Peach (NES), Princess Peach (SNES)
- Small Luigi can crouch (aesthetic only, does not affect Luigi's hitbox)
- Both small and big Luigi can look up (aesthetic only)
- Luigi can jump higher than Mario, so can be a lot better on underground levels, but Luigi has less traction, meaning if you suddenly turn while running, Luigi will slide further than Mario would.
The game he originally appeared in was Mario Bros. (1983), but his physics in SMBC are from Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels (1986).
Differences From Original Game
Any differences are bugs. See them here.
Unused sprites on the skin sheet
Check the forums for info on Luigi Skins