Super Mario Bros. Crossover/Characters/Ryu Hayabusa
|Original Game||Ninja Gaiden|
|Features|| Wall Climb;|
|Advantage|| Cling to / Climb walls;|
Is a flippin' ninja
|Disadvantage|| Low damage;|
Lowest jump peak
(ex. double jumpers)
Ryu Hayabusa was the first new character to be added to Super Mario Bros. Crossover since its first release. He was added in Version 1.1 of the game. He is originally from the Ninja Gaiden series, and retains his wall climbing abilities, as well as shuriken and sword weapons from the series.
- Pressing the Left or Right buttons will cause Ryu to move left or right.
- Pressing the Jump button will cause Ryu to jump.
- Pressing the Down button will cause Ryu to crouch.
- When against a wall, pressing the direction toward it in mid-air make Ryu climbs on it.
- While on a wall, pressing the direction opposite to the wall and the Jump button will cause Ryu to jump off the wall.
- While on a wall, pressing the Down button will cause Ryu to climb down the wall.
- While on a wall, pressing Down+Jump will cause Ryu to drop off of the wall.
- While on a wall, pressing the Up button will cause Ryu to climb up the wall.
- While at the top of a wall, pressing Up+Jump will cause Ryu to jump up onto the ledge.
- Pressing the Attack button will cause Ryu to swing his katana.
- While on a wall, pressing Attack will cause Ryu to use his equipped sub-weapon.
- Pressing either Up + Attack or the Special button will cause Ryu to use the equipped sub-weapon.
Skins Currently in the Game
- Ryu Hayabusa (NES, from the Ninja Gaiden series)
- Ryu Hayabusa (SNES, from Ninja Gaiden Trilogy)
- Ryu Hayabusa (GB, from Ninja Gaiden Shadow)
- Shadow (SNES, from Final Fantasy VI)
- Haggle Man (NES, from Retro Game Challenge)
- Haggle Man (SNES, recolor of Haggle Man from Retro Game Challenge)
- Ryu Hayabusa (NES, Sharp X1-style edit of Ryu from the Ninja Gaiden series)
- Ryu Hayabusa (NES, Atari-style edit of Ryu from the Ninja Gaiden series)
- Haggle Man (NES), Haggle Man (SNES)
- Sword slashes and hits one frame sooner
Ryu Hayabusa Specific Tips
- Use your ninja abilties at the best!
- Use your sub-weapons wisely!
- The Shuriken is weak, but its long range make it a good weapon anyway.
- The Jump Slash is useful to pass through regular enemies or bricks.
- The Fire Ring Toss is a very effective weapon. It's quite powerful and it's excellent against airborne enemies thanks to its diagonal-upward motion.
- The Windmill Shuriken is fast-paced, and thanks to its boomerang motion, it can deal multiple hits. You can also hit enemies behind by dodging it when it comes back.
- The Fire Ball Ninpo is Ryu's armor-piercing weapon. It's the most powerful weapon and its diagonal-downward motion is very useful in all sort of situations, especially when you're high-placed.
Ryu Hayabusa is from Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden II, and Ninja Gaiden III for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
Differences From the Original Game
- Ryu can climb up and down walls without having to jump repeatedly.
- In the original game, Ryu could walljump between two walls just by holding down the jump button and pressing in the opposite direction of the wall you are clinged to. In SMBC you must press the jump button each time you jump of a wall.