Super Mario Bros. Crossover/Characters/Simon Belmont
|Features|| Chain / flame whip|
|Advantage|| Double Jump |
Powerful, medium-ranged attacks
|Disadvantage||Very low air control|
This page is currently up-to-date as of version 3.0. The latest version with significant additions is version 3.1.2.
Vampire killer Simon Belmont is a Castlevania character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.
- Pressing the Left or Right buttons will cause Simon to move left or right.
- Pressing the Jump button will cause Simon to jump. While in the air, pressing the Jump button will cause Simon to jump a second time.
- While the Classic Simon cheat is turned on, Simon cannot be moved while in the air, although holding Left, Right while pressing Jump will allow Simon to change direction on his second jump, or stop at his horizontal position if you press neither Left or Right when you did the second jump.
- Pressing the Down button will cause Simon to crouch.
- Pressing the Attack button will cause Simon to swing his whip.
- Pressing either Up + Attack or the Special button will cause Simon to throw a sub-weapon, with a maximum of one sub-weapon on the screen at a time, unless he has the Double or Triple shot.
Skins Currently in the Game
- Simon Belmont (8-bit, from Castlevania)
- Simon Belmont (16-bit, recolor of Simon from Castlevania)
- Simon Belmont (16-bit, recolor of Simon from Castlevania, based on Simon from Super Castlevania IV)
- Simon Belmont (8-bit, from Castlevania II: Simon's Quest)
- Simon Belmont (8-bit, recolor based on Super Mario Bros. Special)
- Simon Belmont (8-bit, inspired by Atari)
- Trevor Belmont (8-bit, from Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse)
- Trevor Belmont (16-bit, recolor of Trevor from Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse)
- Trevor Belmont (GB, recolor of Christopher from Castlevania Adventure)
- Trevor? (8-bit, from Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse)
- Trevor? (16-bit, custom made based on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
- Richter Belmont (8-bit, custom made based on Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood)
- Richter Belmont (16-bit, custom made based on Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood)
- Christopher Belmont (GB, from Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge)
- Soleiyu Belmont (GB, based on Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge)
- Sonia Belmont (GB, from Castlevania Legends)
- Whip Skeleton (8-bit, from Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse)
- Alex (8-bit, from River City Ransom)
- Kunio (16-bit, from River City Ransom EX)
Simon Belmont Specific Tips
- Wisely use your sub-weapon!
- The Dagger, despite its weakness, is the longest-ranged hostile sub-weapon.
- The Axe gives you a good vertical-ranged attack. Its arcing motion is a bit tricky, though.
- The Cross can give multiple hits to the enemy in front of you and also hit enemies behind.
- The Stopwatch allows multiple strategies based on the enemies' frozen state. Very useful in bridge levels.
- The Holy Water has got a tricky motion, but it gives a lot of hits every bottle, which can also be used to keep an enemy stuck for a moment, allowing you to whip it wildly meanwhile.
Simon Belmont is from Castlevania for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
Differences From the Original Game
Simon has got double jump in order to match the Super Mario Bros. levels, his jump behaves differently and he can use sub-weapons while crouching in this game.
- Using sub-weapons while crouching is featured in Super Castlevania, which has a separate button to use sub-weapons.