Super Mario Bros. Crossover/Difficulties
The choice of difficulty can be selected at the very beginning of your adventure. There are two parts: The map set and other options.
For any game mode (SMB, SMBS, LL), there are three different sets of map layouts, with different elements.
- There are more coins, and most of the items, including extra lives, can be found easier.
- In maze stages, extra coins will show the correct path.
- Lakitu will only throw two Spinies at the same time.
- There is no poison mushroom.
- Mostly the same as in original game (SMB, LL), except for necessary adaption for characters other than Mario.
- Lakitu throws four Spinies at the same time, as in original game.
- The map layouts have changed vastly, featuring more traps and more dangerous enemies.
- Watch above, Lakitu goes crazy and spams Spinies up to six at the same time.
- Beware of poison mushrooms everywhere.
- Beating hard maps will unlock special cheats.
- Hidden Hudson Bee in every level; can you find them all?
These can be adjusted:
- Lives start with.
- Powerup method (Modern/Classic).
- Start with mushroom or not (Modern powerup).
- Available sub-weapons (Classic powerup).
- Attack strength.
- Defense strength (instant-death, lose some powerups, return to basic state).
- Ammo drop rate.
- Enemy replacements and behaviors.