Super Mario Bros. Crossover/Tips
This page is currently up-to-date as of version 1.2.03. The latest version with significant additions is version 3.0.
Here are some tips for playing Super Mario Bros. Crossover. Character specific tips go in the character's wiki page, except tips about choosing certain characters for certain levels, those can go here.
- If your character has a Fire Flower (or Mushroom) and there are enemies up ahead, it's a good idea to activate every powerup box you can, so if your character gets hit, he/she can go back and get a stationary Fire Flower instead of a mobile Mushroom, which is much easier to get.
- Mega Man, SOPHIA and Mario are great for water levels.
- SOPHIA is good on castle levels.
- Ryu Hayabusa is excellent on land levels.
- On amphibious Cheep Cheep levels, choose Link, Samus, SOPHIA III or Mario. Never stop moving. If you keep moving, the Cheep Cheeps will go the same direction as you. Run quickly if you're Mario, constantly shoot upwards if you're Samus of SOPHIA. Use Upward Thrust if you're Link.